MRI shows full thickness tear of ACL. Could it be incorrect due to blood clotting?

Hi Doc, My MRI says i have a full thickness tear of the ACL . I want to know whether : 1) The MRI could be incorrect due to clotting of blood ? 2) Whether The ACL could repair itself with rest / exercise or any other way? 3) If not, is surgery the only option ? 4) How long can I wait before I go in for the surgery ( If at all ) 5) Since I had a fall just 4-5 days ago how long should I ideally wait for the bone swelling to reduce I would really appreciate if you could answer all my questions. -Karan
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012