MRI shows focal left foraminal disc protrusion with annular fissures, mild arthropathy. Effective remedy?

I had MRI and the impression is a focal left foraminal disk protrusion at l4-5, with annular fissuring, contributing to moderate left foraminal narrowing. L5-s1, there is mild arthropathy without significant canal stenosis . With that said, I have been a lot of lower back pain for over a year. I had physical therapy and didn t help. I had 3 epidurals they didn t help. I am currently on 2 -30 mg pills of oxycodone daily for pain. Neurologist recommended laser procedure but concerned bc experimental. I am now trying accupuncture. Willing to do anything. No one including neuro surgeon thinks requires surgery but can t keep taking pills and dealing with pain. Thoughts please? Bob
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012