MRI shows diffuse cerebral atrophy. Doppler scan shows calcified plaque. Precautions needed?

Respected Doctor, My father age is about 68yrs. He is suffering from neurological problem.we took MRI&NECT DOPPLER scan In MRI scan shows that : 1-Lacunar Infarct/Prominent Virchow Robin Space In Left Lentiform Nucleus . 2-Glotic areas In Left Temporao-Occipital, occipital Region& Right Posterior Region Parietal Region. 3-Diffuse Cerebral Atrophy . In Doppler it shows that: 1-Circumferential calcified intial plaque in right internal carotid artery proximal to bifurcation causing about 55% narrowing. 2-Small calcified plaque in left carotid bulb and left internal carotid artery. sir, please tell me the precautions for my father.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013