MRI shows degenerative disc disease. Thecal sac narrowing. What is the normal range of thecal sac?

Hello, I just received my MRI report and my Dr. is out of town; I was diagnosed w/ degenerative disc disease approx. 12 yrs ago(age 20). Report came back with Lg. herniation L5-S1 on left; most likely representing lg disc extrusion. Severe compression of the thecal sac narrowing to 8mm in transverse dimension w/ severe compromise of the region of the lateral recess & moderate left foraminal narrowing. left S1 nerve root is displaced posteriorly. What is normal range of thecal sac?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012