MRI shows degenerative disc disease. Annular bulging, thickening of ligamentum flavum, hypertrophic changes. Indications?

I had an MRI done and it said, sagittal and axial images show degenerative disk disease as well as degenerative changes at the apophyseal joints throughout the lumbar spine . Annular bulging, thickening of the ligamentum flavum and hypertrophic changes at the apophyseal joints relut in a mild degree of degenerative thecal sac compression at he L1-2 through the L5-S1 levels. Degenerative stenosis involves the intervertebral nerve root canals bilaterally athe the L2-3 through the L5-S1 levels. What is this in simple terms. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013