MRI shows degenerative changes and disc dessication. What does it mean?

hi, having had an mri scan on my back and neck recently the results were as follows: degenerative changes and some disk desiccation is noted, more so at levels L4 L5 and L5 S1. only mild annular bulges are noted in the disks, no significant indentation no canal stenosis inthrathecal contents are well preserved- lumbosacral spine . early facet and flaval changes are noted opposite lower lumbar levels no hypertrophy no foraminal stenosis or impingement and no abnormal marrow changes. cervical spine- mild degenerative changes are seen particularly at levels C5 and C6 and C6 and C7, with small osteodiskal ridging, more so at later level with end plate changes. theca is indented but no cord compression although artifacts are seen at this level. no impingement or significant foraminal stenosis no abnormal marrow changes. what does all that mean in simple terms please?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012