MRI shows degenerative change in lower lumbar spine. Have Harrington rod in spine for scoliosis

My name is Susan Wachtel, I am 53 with a Harrington Rod the full length of my spine to L4 due to scoliosis since I was 14. I just picked up my MRI report. I have had AVN in my left hip diangosed since April 2012. I had 7 cortisone injections in left hip Oct./Nov. 2011. By June 40 % of hip was involved and as of today 70 % is involved. Findings are as follows-hips: Examination demonstrates moderate bilateral effusion . Labrum-tear & detachment of the acetabular labrum anterosuperiorly. No high grade chondral loss or delamination along acetabular margin, mild chondral thinning. Alpha angle is 55%. Musles & tendons-mild distal gluteal tendinosis & peritendinous edema bilaterally. Bone marrow-no abnormalities. Degenerative change in lower lumbar spine. Opposite left hip shows a lesion of AVN without collapse, deformity or secondary prominent alterations of degenerative arthritis. Comparison to the prior examination reveals a similar pattern of AVN in the left hip involving 70% of the articular surface with no obvious collapse.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012