Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Your description suggests that you have DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE
The initial management of your problem will be as follows -
* Quit smoking
, as this will have a detrimental effect on disc degeneration
* avoid lifting heavy weights
* avoid forward bending activities
* Use a lumbosacral back support
* Intermittent pelvic traction
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Judicious use of analgesics and muscle relaxants.
* Daily intake of calcium supplements
to keep your vertebrae strong
If you do not find any relief , then consult an orthopedic surgeon and follow his advice.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day