MRI shows compression collapse, fracture, contrusion of discs, osteoporosis, cannot sit, stand, walk. Treatment?

Mri shows pathological compression collapse of D12 body with anterior rear drop undisplaced fracture of D11.retropulsed fragment of D12 causing severe cord comprssion,cord edema and contrusion. patient diagnosed for osteoporasis. Physical symptoms include bowel and bladder discontinuance and inability to sit and stand and walk, although there is movement in legs while lying. Pl advise a treatment.Is surgery necessary? female patient of 45 years.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012