MRI shows altered signal intensity in bilateral globus pallidus, hyperintense internal capsule in T1. Guidance?

Sir my babies MRI Report says altered signal intensity is seen in bilateral globus pallidus and subthalamic nuclei showing hypointense signal in T1 and Hyperintense signal in T2WI / T2 FLAIR. Relative hyperintense internal capsule is seen in T1. Myelination pattern is normal for age . no restricted diffusion is seen. Rest of of the cerebral parenchyma is normal in signal intensity with maintained grey and white matter differentiation. Ventricles are normal in shape , size outline and volume . Septum is in midline. Basal cisterns and sylvian fissures are normal. Sella and parasellar region are normal. Brainstem is central and normal in signal intensity. Fourth Ventricle is Central and normal. Cerebellum is normal in signal intensity . Major intracranial flow voids are preserved. Both orbits are normal . Bilateral inner ear structure appears normal. On left fluid signal is seen in middle ear peripherally and in mastoid antrum, s/o otitis media with mastoiditis. Bilateral cisternal VII- VIII nerve complexes are normal. My baby had sever jundice touching bilirubin 37.5 , blood transfusion was done . Now he is one year old and MRI report says all above . I would be grateful for your kind guidance regards sr
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012