MRI shows a broad based left foraminal disc herniation at L3, L4, bulge, ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Meaning ?

My MRI says there is a broad based 2cm left foraminal disc herniation at. L3 L4 contributes to asymmetric high grade left sided neural foraminal narrowing. At L4 L5 there is disc desiccation and diffuse disc bulging with a 5mm are of increase T2 signal in the posterior central disc that reflects annular tear. Disc bulge and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy contribute to moderate narrowing of the central canal and with facet change, bilateral high grade neural foraminal narrowing. What does this mean and what happens if untreated?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012