MRI shows Tarlov cyst. Have pain in lumbar and leg, numbness and tingling

Hi Dr, I had a MRI done last friday because of a severe pain in my lumbar and left leg, which I feel numb and tingling since last wednesday. The MRI showed a large left subarticular disc extrusion at L5/S1 impinging on the descending left S1 nerve root and also an incidental Tarlov cyst within the sacral canal at the S2 level. I am worried because I dont know if this is serious and I dont feel my leg improving since last week. I would like to know how long will take for my leg to be normal again and what is the treatment for this. Thank you, Julia.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012