MRI shows L3 completely closed, pinched nerves. Taking Oxycodone, Tylenol. Pain medicine to take with steroids?

I am in the process of getting a series shots in my spine . My lumbar L3, L4, and L5, are all closing and are very painful. I had an MRI and X-rays and L3 is completely closed and the nerves are all pinched. The orthopedic surgeon wants me to stop taking, oxycodone with 325 MG of tylenol, naproxen , and ibuprofen, and take a regiment of steroids for a week before he gives me the injection. Is there a pain medication that I can take for a week with the steroids? How about demerol?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013