MRI showing tibial plateau fracture.Need a brace? Recovery period?

MRI: lateral tibial plateau fracture isolated to subchondral bone; 3mm depression of the articular surface anteriorly. Female, 56, good shape. Question: a.) should I have a brace? I have crutches. I walked on it for 6 days before diagnosis. b) how long do I need to be non-weight bearing? c.) how serious is the non-weight bearing...I live alone and to cheat a little would be a great thing. d.) surgery?...doc said not necessary and to stay non-weight bearing for 6 weeks. Is 3mm depression surgery indicated?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013