MRI showed slight posterior disc bulging minimally asymmetrical . Why can't I even walk?

hello ,i just wait for my appointment to neurologist ,but i have already done MRI and Im confiused , i have symptoms like discopathy/herniated lumbar disc.My results.: The cervical and thoracic imaging comprises sagittal Tl and T2 images with axial T2 images from C2 to T2. The examination shows normal appearances to the discs throughout the cervical and thoracic spine. There is some minor posterior disc bulging at the C5/6 and 6/7 levels ~ut the axial imaging shows no suggestion of any significant disc protrusion. In particular, the neural foramina are well visualised at all levels and appear entirely unremarkable. There is additionally a good spinal canal diameter present throughout the cervical and thoracic spine and both the cervical and thoracic cord appear normal. Incidental note is made of a small high signal lesion within the C6 vertebral body but this is consistent with an incidental haemangioma of no significance. Lumbar Spine- Imaging comprises sagittal Tl and T2 images with axial Tl and T2 images through the lower 3 lumbar vertebrae . The study demonstrates normal appearances to all lumbar discs apart from L5/S1 which shows loss of signal from the nucleus pulposus and moderate disc space narrowing. The L5/S1 disc shows slight posterior disc bulging minimally asymmetrical to the left but it does not convincingly contact or displace the Sl root. Spinal canal diameter is again good throughout the lumbar spine. I can see no evidence of any primary bony abnormality and no paravertebral lesion is identified.Some degenerative change at the L5/Sl level but no convincing evidence of nerve root impingement. I just add that i cant walk even one hour,and after nearly half day im so tired ,and my leg is more numbness ,painful,tingling,and lower back is like burning feeling,i cant also even sit a long time. thanks Alexandra
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012