MRI showed no acute abnormalities, ischemic changes seen, has frequent episodes of dementia, history of seizure disorder. Suggestion?

My mom s recent MRI results: IMPRESSIONS: NO ACUTE ABNORMALITIES ARE SEEN. MODERATE DIFFUSE VOLUME LOSS WITH MINIMAL TO MILD PERIVENTRICULAR AND SUBCORTICAL SMALL VESSEL ISCHEMIC CHANGES ARE SEEN She only started becoming very confused in March and I have searched for answers, including possible hereditary thyroid issues, but the only real answer is that this is dementia and could be related to early onset Alzheimer s (and mini strokes which I don t understand) - the other issue that began in March, and is not related to UTI is frequent urination as often as 15 to 30 minutes. She is almost 76, never had many problems other than developing a seizure disorder 12 years ago, but that has been controlled with Keppra. I am trying everything possible and have seen many specialist, but still think I am missing something?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012