MRI showed mild osteoarthritis at carpo-metacarpal joint, cartilage erosion, marrow changes, osteophytes. Meaning?

MRI of left wrist shows strain of the thenar muscles including the opponens pollicis, adductor pollicis brevis and first dorsal interosseous muscles. No intramuscular hematoma . There is subcutaneous edema along the radial aspect of the carpal rows, under the marker. There is mild effusion in the radiocarpal joint. Mild osteoarthritis at the first carpo-metacarpal joint with joint effusion, cartilage erosion, subchondral marrow changes and small osteophytes.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012