MRI showed Signal abnormality, mild expansion, mild effacement and disc protrusion. Meaning?

I have an MRI with these results: Signal abnormality and mild expansion of L2 vertebra. L2-3 broad disc protrusion with thecal sac effacement, central canal and lateral recess stenosis L3-4 central and left disc protrusion effacing the thecal sac and contributing to the left lateral recess stenosis. Mild effacement of the left L4 root withing the left lateral recess. Segmentation abnormality. Can you tell me what this says in plain english?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013