MRI scan suggests broad disc bulge which is compromising the central canal. Need a surgery?

hi, am 32 yrs old , have a lower back problem for close to 18months. i recently had an MRI scan and the findings were as follows There is a focal bulge at L4/5 with a background broad disc bulge which is in close contact with L4 and L5 nerve roots in the paracentral region and lateral recesses.There is also compromise of the exiting L4 nerve roots in the exit foramina. At L5/S1 level, there ia a mild broad disc bulge which is compromising more of the exiting L5 nerve roots with minimal effects in the central canal. At all other levels ,there is reasonable appeareances of the central canal and exit foramina. The cord terminates at the right level.Minimal desiccation of the L4/5 and L5/S1 discs. Mild facet degenerative changes bilaterally. conclusion There is an L4/5 focal disc bulge on a background of a broad disc bulge which is compromising the central canal and exit foramina particularly on the left side. Less effects on a mild to moderate broad disc bulge at L5/s1.. My doctor recommended me to see a physiologist. What type of exercise should i do?..and what should i not do...? Will this need a surgery...?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013