MRI scan on neck showed large nodule on thyroid, recommended fine needle biopsy, ultrasound. Is this for cancer confirmation?

Two months ago I had a MRI scan on my neck as I had a slipped disc. The scan also showed a large nodule on my thyriod and recommended an urgent fine needle biopsy and an ultra sound (This took nearly 7 weeks to come through.) My 1st question is had the MRI already shown cancer and is the test confirmation. Secondly, it has been nearly two weeks since he test and I m yet to receive the results, although I ve phoned daily after a week. Is this a good sign? Thirdly I have nearly all the symptoms of an under active thyroid, should I take this as a positive. Could I have both?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012