MRI says numerous scattered small FLAIR/T2 hypeintense involving the subcortical white matter in both cerebral hemispheres. Indiactions?

Hello, I had an MRI because of a significant increase in migraines last year which identified numerous scattered small FLAIR/T2 hypeinrtense involving the subcortical white matter in both cerebral hemispheres. The findings are radiographically nonspecific . My neurologist went on maternity leave before I could consult with her and when I contacted the office for someone to interpret the report for me I was told that the results were normal. I am wondering if someone is able to provide a better interpretation. I am a doctoral student and know just enough about the brain to be dangerous!!
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013