MRI said small glenohumeral joint effusion, areas of abnormal signal. Explain

hi I injured my shoulder 2-3 years back while playing cricket.. actually it dislocated that time . i myself put it back at that time.... after that i was having too much of pain .. in affected area.. i consulted orthopedic doctor .. he asked me to do x-ray which investigated no fracture to shoulder bone... so he thought it might be some other tissue or tiny muscles which are important in shoulder movements may got he gave me some tablets and some physio therapy sessions to do. and said in case after physio sessions still you face pain for investigation i need to do mri scan .. It took me long time to do MRI scan, there were some personal and financial issues.. SO now i did MRI scan after 2-3 yrs.. in these 2-3 years i am using my hand and shoulder with no pain.. but there is some movements like throwing ball etc gives me some pain ... MRI SCAN REPORT IS AS FOLLOWS - MRI RIGHT SHOULDER WITHOUT CONTRAST Clinical History : Right Shoulder Dislocation Right shoulder Dislocation pain since last 2-3 years TECHNIQUE : Multplanar, multiecho MRI of the right shoulder was performed without administration of intravenous contrast. FINDINGS: The Glenohumeral joint space is well maintained. There is small glenohumeral joint effusion . The articular cartilage is well maintained. There are areas of abnormal signal within the supraspinatus tendon near its insertion. The tendon is edematous and bulky. It is seen as decreased signal on T1 and intermediate signal on T2W images. This is indicative of mild tendinosis . The infraspinatus, teres minor and the subscapularis tendons are normal. No evidence of tear. There is small collection in the subcoracoid bursa. It is seen as hypo intense on T1 and hyper intense on T2W images. Type II acromion process is noted. The acromioclavicular joint is normal. There is tearing of the superior and anterior margin of the glenoid labrum. The biceps tendon shows normal signal intensity and courses through the bicipital groove. There is small T2 hyper-intense collection around the biceps tendon; consistent with tenosynovitis. The neurovascular bundles appear unremarkable. The visualized bones reveal normal signal intensity. No evidence of marrow edema. IMPRESSION: 1. Mild Supraspinatus tendinosis with no evidence of tear. The rest of the rotator cuff is normal. 2. Small glenohumeral joint effusion with collection in the subcoracoid bursa. 3. Tearing of the anterior and superior margin of the glenoid labrum. 4. Mild biceps tendon tenosynovitis. Thank you for referring this patient. About Me : Name: Ravindra M Kale Age: 28 yrs
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012