MRI said small focus of altered signal shown in the subarticular region of the lateral femoral condyle. Meaning?

Can you explain in simple english exactly what the following MRI report means. Reference a knee injury The knee joint anatomy is well visualised. There is a small focus of altered signal shown in the subarticular region of the lateral femoral condyle indicating a shallow focal depressed / contusion type injury with surrounding bone marrow oedema. There is no evidence of a discreet fracture. The remainder of the visualised skeleton shows normal MRI signal. There is altered linear signal shown in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus indicating an undisplaced medial tear. There is also a short linear altered signal shown anteriorly in the lateral meniscus indicating either degeneration or a small undisplaced tear. Otherwise the lateral meniscus shows normal MRI signal.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012