MRI said, posterior broad-based disc bulge with osteophyte complex. Does it mean harm?

My sister-in-law is confused about some test results that she received. She had an MRI done of her spine cause she hurts all over. The findings were: There is no evidence of a compression fracture or occult marrow edema . Moderate to severe disc-space narrowing is noted at L3-4 through L5-S1. Loss of disc-space signal is noted at each of these levels. Mild loss of disc-space signal and height at L1-2. L5-S1 There is a posterior broad-based disc bulge with osteophyte complex. No spinal canal stenosis. There is severe right aqd mild left neural foraminal stenosis from disc osteophyte complex. Moderate posterior facet arthropathy, right greater than left. WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN IN OUR LANGUAGE? The results were mailed to her and we don t know what all this means in not so many medical terms? Please let me know soon so I ll know what to tell her. She s in a lot of pain. Her sister-in-law............Minnie Antuna
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012