MRI said diffuse annular hard disc bulge with mild ligamentum flavum thickening. Meaning?

Hello Sir, Am an software engineer. I have lower back pain since last 5 months. Previously had pain while sitting to standing position, but lower pain gradually increased and now am having pain in sitting as well. I can’t even sit and also afraid to sit. My doctor suggest me to do the MRI (MRI spine- lumber with Sacro coccygeal region). I m writing here what is in my MRI report Diffuse annular hard disc bulge with mild ligamentum flavum thickening at L4-5;causing mild narrowing of both lateral recesses with without compression of exiting nerve root . The sacro-coccygeal region reveals normal curvature. Pl suggest me what precautions i need to take care.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012