MRI result showing broad disc protron oblireating epidural fat indenting thecal sac. Explain?

Hi I have just had an MRI the result is L1 S1 large broad based disc protrusion obliterating epidural fat and indenting the thecal sac. Causing narrowing of both lateral recesses and encroaching both neural foramina. It is abutting both S1 nerve roots and compressing on the right side .mild L4L5 disc dedication.degenerative bone marrow signal at L5 S1 level.impression of linear longitudinal high signal changes within spinal cord and lower thoracic level ? Hydromyelia. Please could you explain this result?.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013