MRI report shows sacralization of L5, degenerative marrow.Advised bed rest, unable to sleep on back. Suggestions ?

In my MRI report the findings are below: 1. Sacralization of L5. Degenerative marrow signal intensity in end plates of L5 & S1 vertebrae. 2. Desiccation & decreased height of L4-5 disc. Posterocentral extrusion of L4-5 disc is seen. Doctors advised me complete/strict bed rest for 10 days however I am not able to sleep on my back and that is why sleeping side ways. Doctor said in case the pain doesn t subsides they might do the surgery.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012