MRI report shows dehydration between the discs, loss of disc height, disc protrusion and nerve compression. Suffer from pain radiating to the leg. Need a stronger medication

just had my mri scan results....there is dehydration within l3/4 and l4/5..loss of disc height which is most pronoinced at 4/ there are fatty end plate changes..there is a posrerior disc prorusion at this lecel which is causing severe narrowing of the left lateral recess and also exit foramen,there is compression of the traversing left l5 nerve root and likely impingement of the extiting left l4 nerve root..i have for 3 months suffered with pain down the whole of my left leg like cramp without the muscle tightness..pain in hips..which i know i have artitiis but pain alot worse and now i am getting pain in my right hip too...and my back...not good with strong pain killers..could you recommend anything i could do while waiting to see the specailsit..
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013