MRI of the lower lumbar. Scheduled bone scan for cancer. Should I fear results?

I recently had am MRI of the lower lumbar and the NP told me that the symptoms I was describing did not match up with what was found in the results. She said it showed a bulge at L5 and didnt act like it was a big deal or something. She has now ordered me to have a bone scan for cancer on the 21st of this month. I am incredibly alarmed as I have recently had my right kidney removed due to cancer. I know NP s are a close second to an MD. Am I being paranoid?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013