MRI of knee shows tricompartmental osteophytosis, thinning of patellofemoral joint cartilage, tiny subchondral cysts along tibial spine. Indications?

After my MRI the following are the findings. Please convert to layman s language so I can understand what is going on with my knee. There is tricompartmental osteophytosis. There is heterogenous signal with severe thinning of the patellofemoral joint cartilage . This is most prominent along the lateral patellar facet. Multiple tiny high T2 signal subchondral cyst are noted along the lateral patellar facet as well as the distal femur . There is thinning with heterogenous signal of the knee joint cartilage that is worse within the medial compartment. Multiple subchondral cysts are also noted along the tibial spine . An ovoid 9 x 6.5 mm structure is seen adjacent to the tibial spine. This structure demonstrates low T1-weighted signal and and intermediate T2 weighted signal. The bone marrow signal intensity is within normal limits. A ganglion cyst is noted along the posterior lateral joint. A small joint effusion is present. Rev. G
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013