MRI of dorsal spine shows disc dessication with diffuse bulge, bilateral neural foramina. Surgical intervention required?

respected sir,i am sanjay paudel, a 3rd year mbbs student from nepal.i had RTA(bike) six months back with multiple left sided ribs fracture .ct revealed transverse process fracture of thoracic d7,d8,d9,d10 also.i have numbness over my left flank..i took pregabalin and i have no problem with ribs but MRi of dorsal spine few days back reported disc dessication with diffuse bulge with posterior annular tear of l5-s1 intervertebral disc with indentation of PLL and thecal causing narrowing of inf part of bilateral neural foramina..will my parasthesia and numbness reverse?i have been doing physiotherapy on i need surgical intervention?plz suggest in my case..
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012