MRI of cervical and lumbar spine shows some abnormalities, advised MRI with contrast. Any insights?

Good evening Dr. Siegel: Thank you for your inquiry. I m perplexed & need your expertise to answer some questions. I had an MRI done of my cervical and lumbar spine on Monday. Then I went to see my Neurologist at OSU Med. Ctr. today and she said she wants to redo the MRI but with contrast because she said there appears to be some abnormalities in the cervical spinal sac. She also said that there are things she can t discuss with me about it but needs to discuss with my CNP (which is currently my PCP for the past 13 yrs). She said she will have her discuss the other issues once she gets a hold of her. She wanted me to do the MRI today and I told her that I have to check with the insurance company to see if they are even going to pay for another one. She said we ll get in touch with them and tell them what is going on and that it NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP. She aslo ordered a Radiologist to read the CD ASAP as well. Can you shed any light on this? Additionally, when I viewed my MRI CD last night, I could see holes in the bone cavity. I m not a radiologist so I don t know what it really means.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013