MRI found ruptured disc. Painful, swollen feet, compressed nerves. What to do for pain?

I recently had an MRI done and they found that I have a ruptured disc...this is causing extreme pain running all the way down my right leg which they tell me is the result of it compressing the nerves. My issue at the moment is that I have finally taken a day off from work and put my feet up....they are now so swollen on top, I cannot fit them into my shoes...tight and painful....I do have a history of DVT and at the moment have Thrombophlebitis in my right thigh...should I wait until tomorrow to follow up with my doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012