MRI done due to chronic cognitive impairment. Diagnosed chronic micro vascular disease with leukoencephalopathy. Treatment possible?

I had an MRI a few months ago. The diagnosis was chronic microvascular disease with moderate leukoencephalopathy.; ventricular system unremarkable. My neurologists was vague on treatments. The reason for the MRI was because of a significant cognitive impairment. It seems to be getting worse. What is your professional opinion and what would you recommend to a patient?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013