MRI brain scan done due to Orthostatic Hypotension, syncope, memory loss. What does report mean?

I am a 53 year old female have Systemic Lupus with numerous other conditions such as Sjogrens, Raynauds, Vasculitis , Pleurisy ...on and on, for over 33 years now. Due to a recent diagnosis of Orthostatic Hypotension , syncope and my complaints of memory loss and cognitive function, I had an MRI brain scan recently with the following findings: There is mild diffuse cerebral volume loss. There are a few scattered nonspecific FLAIR hyperintensities in the periventricular and subcortical white matter. In addition, there is a somewhat linear hyperintensity noted in the pons that demonstrates high signal on T2 and low on T1 signal intensity. Further evaluation is recommended with MRI of the neck with and without contrast. What does this mean in layman s terms? Thank You.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013