Lymp nodes under breast plate swollen. Can broken ribs, fractures from air bags cause swelling?

I have three lymp nodes under the brest plate swolleln. Bronc. showed no cancer , had pet scan and metabolic activity in chest area. Lungs clear, have waited since Nov and will get another scan on 2-11o-13 to see if it could be anything or not or if lymphomia. Can having broken ribs and fractures from air bags and set belts cause the nobes to swell fast. Showed in ct scan within a hour after the wreck.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013