Lung infection for a month long. Why do I have itchy, dry cough? Blame the surroundings?

I am atbthe end of a 5 month long lung infection which affected my ears and throat . Whilst i am 90% better, one thing i am struggling with is my throat. Whilst at home or outside it is fine but as soon as i enter an air conditiined office or hotel, my throat gets scratchy, itchy, dry and makes me start coughing again. I can t avoid offices and hotels as my job requires me to be inside these. What can i do to protect my throat from the affects of air conditioned environments?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012