Lung infection, asthmatic symptoms, thick sputum cough. Taken Biaxin, Prednisone, Symbacort, Ventalin. No relief. Treatment?

I am 63 years of age, arrived back in Canada from Fla in Feb 2012 with what the Dr. called a lung infection . Placed on biacin for 2 wks, and prednisone for 2 weeks, c/w inhalers. April 30, same infection occurred - asthma like symptoms. Same course of meds. Now July 25th, same symptoms, on Symbacort and Ventalin. Coughing thick sputum . Short of breath almost all day, but especially in mornings until noon. Not sure what next step should be..................please comment.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012