Lung Scar medicication

My daughter,who is 21,is under medication for PTB. I would like to know if her lung scar can be healed.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

It will heal with time. She can lead a normal life, without worry. Good nutrition and exercise to keep her healthy , fit and build immunity is must.

for further queries-
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
it may take time to heal . but there wil be no problem with those scars, Ayurvedic some herbal preparation working for rejuvenation and rich in vit c may help you in this Chyawanprash Along with this immunity builder herbal preparation wil help you
Avoid smoking, Dust , Smoke moslty
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. going by your history, it is obvious that scarring has already replaced the lung tissue, now if the scar are small they won't cause any problem, but if they are extensive and wide spread,it may result in thickening and stiffening of the lung tissue resulting in breathing problems, so any features of cough,fever,weight loss,shortness of breath in your daughter?
2. because SCARS are permanent they are difficult to cure, thus treatment is aimed to slow tissue damage and improve lung function, and for this cortico steroids are better alternatives to slow scarring in the tissues.
3. In order to slow scarring, Immunomodulators (Rasayan Chikitsa) which increases immunity of the body like Albizia lebbeck (Shirish), chyawanprash, Ashwagandha are routinely given by Ayurveda Physician to persons who are taking ATT for PTB.

Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi rajashi!
Welcome to itself is end stage of healing.If you mean by fibroses it cannot be healed.