Lumps under the cheek bones. Pain in the cheek, reddish blood blisters in the mouth. What are these?

I have 2 lumps that feel somewhat like glands under my cheek bones i felt around for them after i had a sore pain on my cheek by my molars, when i looked at the cheek with a flashlight it was really veiny and red i saw spots that were really small blood blisters. i think it is a swollen acsecorry gland what could this be
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

I am an ENT consultant and let me tell you that many of my patients have the kind of swelling you mentioned without any problems whatsoever. And they usually disappear in a week or two.

But any mass or swelling has to be properly examined by the ENT and only then we can be perfectly sure that you are fine.

So consult an ENT, ask for a proper examination and maybe request for a FNAC or biopsy to confirm the diagnosis

If needed then start a course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medications as a first attempt to reduce the swelling in consultation with the doctor

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
ps: even scalp or dental lesions can cause swellings like this which can be confirmed by the ENT