Lumps on the back of the knee, move on pressing. Immediate treatment necessary?

Hi, I need help. My mum has a lump in the back of her knee a week ago and when i felt it again today, there are more lumps (they re shaped like balls and the oldest/largest one is like the size of a pea). They re move when you press onto them but I can feel more than before. I m just trying to rule out if anything is cancerous. She s planning to consult a surgeon next Monday because we will be flying to Singapore on Saturday but I just want to reassure that it s nothing too serious that can wait for another week.
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012