Lumps of dry skin, recurring condition, one lump on thumb. Causes for symptoms?

Honestly i don't know whats wrong with me. I need some help. I have lumps of dry skin that come up periodically. For example, they go away for a while then reappear a week later. I had one on my thumb which i eventually ripped the skin off of. now i believe ones trying to make its way onto my arm . are their any signs of what this could be.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it is allergy and allergy can be from any thing
any substance can develop giving allergy at any time at any age
it can be soaps shampoo oils cooking oils medicines used for other ailments
foods clothes body application materials or pollens
get correlate or get allergy doctor who will get tests to diagnose the cause and treat
mean while use anti allergic tabs and creams to control it