Lumps in lower back, offset from spine getting bigger and harder. U/S reposts normal. Is it Carcinoid cancer?

My wife has found a few lumps in her lower back just offset from her spine on each side about 3-4 days ago, each day they have gotten bigger and harder. At first they would move slightly when pushed on but are going rock hard now. She had an ultra sound done yesterday but didn t seem to be too worried and was told they couldn t tell what they where. I am worried as her gp thinks she has carcinoid cancer or syndrome but won t do an MRI or ct scan. Please guide me as what we should do now!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013