Lump under the skin on right rib cage, with occasional discomfort. Is it psoriasis in bone?

Hi my boyfriend has a lump under the skin on his right side below the rib cage. You can only feel it when you press quite firmly , he has had it for over a year now and only causes occasional discomfort. He has been to the doctors and they are unsure of what this may be and he has to wait 2 weeks fr a blood test and maybe a scan. They said it could have something to do with sorosis in his bones other than that they dont have any idea what it may be (it is not attached or near his ribcage) do you have any suggestions as to what this may be? He is 17, male and doesn t smoke or drink. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013