Lump under skin where pelvic area and thighs meet. Hard lump, pain. Suggestions?

Hi, I have a pretty large lump under the skin on the crease where the pelvic area and thighs meet. It is about 7cm long and 3cm wide, when you wear leggings, the hump can be seen. I ve had this since the summer but I always thought it was just a pulled ligament or something so I didn t bother too much. But it hasn t gone till now, and the lump is getting harder and more obvious these few days... It is causing slight discomfort and pain too, but I haven t went to see a doctor. Could I have some suggestions? Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
From history it seems that you might be having enlarged lymph nodes on that area giving rise this problem.
Having possibility of direct inguinal hernia should be kept in mind.
Consult surgeon and get physically examined.
Ok and take care.