Lump under arms near the armpit. Washed with soap, hot water, put neospirin. What to do?

My 11 year old son just came down w/ a pea sized lump under his arm just above the fold where it meets the armpit. It was sore and looked like it had a black dot on the top and bottom. I squeezed it to see if it was hard packed and a pea size mass of pus came out with a pop. It was white, not yellow and had no odor. He said it felt better. I washed it w/ soap and hot water and put Neosporin and a bandage on it. He said it just started hurting before he came down. What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013