Lump or mole looks infected on leg. On antibiotics for insect bites. Get better?

I have a mole on the inside of my leg,it now has a small lump on it and it looks infected and red and slightly swolen,a week ago my gp says it looks like an insect bite on my mole and gave me anti biotics to clear it up,I am now worried because i have taken the pills now for 7 days and it does not seem to be any better
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012

Thank you for the query.

When a mole changes its shape, color, size, starts to itch, starts protrude it needs to be removed and checked by a pathologist under a microscope. Its because such mole in rare cases can turn into Melanoma Malignum. That is why, I suggest you to visit dermatologist or general surgeon and have it removed.

Hope this will help.