Lump on upper gum, cause ?

Hi. I have a hard lump on my upper gum on the left side of the mouth . It s painless, and it has remained for weeks now. Dentist couldn t work out the issue, so he referred me to a specialist. I have started to feel a pulse on the side of the lump too. The wait may take some time for a specialist, and I am rather worried. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your query, i have gone through your question...the lump could be because of periodontal abscess or periapiacal abscess(tooth infection) or it can be due to periapical cyst also... if the swelling is hard it can be some bening lesions like peripheral osscifying need to undergo some radiographic investigations like IOPAR, OPG.. consult a oral physician for complete examination and diagnosis...