Lump on upper arm below elbow and shoulder, blue, hard and bruised. What could it be ?

My four year old grandson has a lump, cyst?? on his upper arm between elbow and shoulder . It is hard and about the size of a marble. It seems to be under the skin just above the muscle. It was blue and appeared bruised about a week ago and we just thought he had injured it in some way. The cyst has not changed but appears to be slightly blue again. I am a worried grandmother. He has an appointment with his pediatrician , but I am impatient. What could this possibly be?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012