Lump on top of bone, finger looks deformed, swollen. What may be the problem ?

Yesterday, I went to take my dog for a walk. I could not find my regular leash, so I opened this wire leash that was designed to chain the dog to something firm (so it was not for walking). As I was locking my gate, my 87 lb. took off and I immediately felt a sharp pain around my pinky finger on my left hand . I walked to the front of my house and finally looked at my hand and noticed that my pinky finger looked deformed. It appeared as though part of a bone had lifted on top of another bone, and there was an indention in my skin, as if that was where the bone should have been. I tied my dog up to a tree in the front yard and then noticed that the bone had apparently moved. However, my finger was still swollen and it still appeared to be different from my left finger. There was a bone-like lump on top of a bone still (but in a different location), but there was literally almost no pain. The swelling had definitely gone down quite a bit, but today, all of a sudden, my finger is beginning to hurt. Any clue what the problem may be? Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  121 Awaiting Answer